In today’s market, the explosive growth of data has challenged CIOs and CISOs. Not only do Enterprise Security Programs need to protect information assets, they needs agility when responding to the ever changing threat landscape while maintaining ROI of enormous capital and expense expenditures. Without guidance, designing a security program can be daunting. If strategy for security is misguided and risk is ignored, exposure to a catastrophic incident may result.
- Identify information assets and locations of those assets
- Establish risk profile for information assets
- Define security controls to protect assets
- Identify people, process and technologies needed to implement and maintain security controls
- Establish key performance indicators and metrics
- Create executive summaries and presentations when necessary